Capturing Memories..!!

Some Days  back, as I was checking my facebook updates, I found that my Chachu had also got a FB account. I went to his profile &................

The cute display pic just left me staring at the monitor. He had actually scanned a pic of his childhood & uploaded it. Now it was a pic of the four brothers & the best part....my Dad was also in the pic. I just woke up my Dad & asked him to to see the pic. The fact that the pic taken around 40 years ago, was still preserved with someone in spite of the frequent shifting was amazing. Dad loved it. Sleep aside, he zoomed the B&W pic & told us the story about the pic. It was taken by a neighbour who had got a camera  in those days or something. That Smile...On seeing that pic.. Was Priceless...

Fast Forward 30 years......

If you ask me about my childhood pics,I have a few pics taken on some special occasions like when I was a month old, year old, birthdays and all... At this time, capturing memories on specific days using the roll camera which was later on developed and preserved in the form of albums was very common... Its so simple and yet so nostalgic.. Remember looking at those school pics taken with the class?? Those specific birthday party pics...Pics clicked during outings....Requesting someone to click a family picture that includes everyone.. Loads and loads of memories...!! I still ose a track of time when I browse through the few old photo albums we have at home...



Fast Forward 20 years more.....

Welcome to the world of digital Photography... Clicking photos with DigiCam and Mobile Phone Cam is as easy as 1,2,3.. Click..Save/Delete.. Click Again....!! The introduction of these  modern mediums of clicking pics and capturing memories has made our task so simple that now we can click pic each and every day and we can also have a photo journal based on all pics clicked in the entire year.. There is really no need of any special occasion or function to click pics.. Its just common to click pics anywhere and everywhere.. At the Station, In the train, On a holiday, In the college, In office.. At the restaurant..At the movies.. Ar the monuments.. In short at every single place that one can think of.. And not to forget the selfies... U don't even need anyone else to click your pic.. Just turn your phone, Point the lens... Pout..And Click.. There you Go..!! :)

Seriously, we have come a long way considering the way memories were and are being captured.. From Black and White photos to Instagram and HashTags... Just trying to guess.. What next..??!!!

Comments

Jinu said…
Wahh uru.. Good work buddy.
Jinu said…
Seriously that days of black n white were so osum, I too have many childhood pics.. Specially going to studio with family to click pics, and today we do it all at home. Still going through old memories make me feel nostalgic n I wonder, looking at today...yeh kahhaaaa aaa gaye hummm.. :P
Unknown said…
Nicely written...looking at old pics takes us to that time...

Well who knows what's next...may be we just have to wait fr couple of years only before something new picks up...#memorieslane :p
Urvashi said…
@Jinu : Thank U... And Yeah Rightly said.. Ye Kahaan Aa Gaye Hum... Ekdum Filmy Ho Raha hai Tu toh.. ;) #TuBhiDramebaaz, MainbhiDramebaaz :P

@Shrey : Thank You... Yeahh.. We have to just wait and watch..and Keep #HashTagging till then..!! ;)
Arpit said…
In my opinion, Digital photography has given us this supreme power to click whenever and wherever we please and somehow ruined the fun of it.
Your old school pics weigh more than your 100 selfies in terms of memories. We rather than enjoying any event first hand, try to see it through our mobile screen all the time.

with great power comes great responsibility :P

Anyways it is good to see this all happening in our lifetime. Cheers :)

Popular posts from this blog

3 Idiots, Damini's Take (Part - 2)

3 Idiots, My take - (PART 1)

For the first time...